“What’s Next Specialty Program”
You’ve completed the course work, you’ve done your time in the pool and quarry. You are now a Certified Open Water Diver! Congratulations! The question new divers often ask us is “What’s next?” Traditionally the answer has been Advanced Open Water or try any one of the specialties that we offer. With over 20 specialties to choose from, it leaves many confused & overwhelmed.
We decided to answer that question differently. We have put together two packages of specialties that we believe EVERY diver should have to be a great diver. Level I includes the UNDERWATER NAVIGATION, PEAK PERFORMANCE BUOYANCY, and ENRICHED AIR DIVER specialties. You will complete a minimum of five training dives which can be done in as little as one weekend.
What You Will Learn:
The knowledge and skills you develop during the program vary with the dives. In the Enriched Air Diver course you will learn how to use Nitrox instead of air which will allow you to safely maximize your dive time as well as return to the water sooner. Peak Performance Buoyancy will help you further develop your buoyancy, trim and propulsion skills to make diving easier and more fun. Finally, the Underwater Navigation Course will help you fine tune and further develop your compass and natural navigation skills to further make diving more enjoyable and much more relaxing.
- Knowledge Development Sessions
- Minimum of 5 Open Water Dives
- Books and Materials ($158 if purchased separately)
- Use of tanks and weights plus 2 Nitrox fills (normally $60)
- Certification fees for your 3 specialties (worth $111)
- Minimum 12 years of age
- PADI Open Water Diver certification or equivalent
- Prior to any water sessions return completed Medical Statement and have physician approval for diving , if needed
- Underwater Navigation Specialty manual
- Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty manual
- Enriched Air Diver manual with tables
- Personal snorkeling equipment (mask, snorkel, fins and booties)
- Scuba Equipment (rentals available at special rates)
- Tanks and weights provided (2 Nitrox fills included)
After completing this first level of our “What’s Next ” Program you can check out our second part in this series of certifications: “What’s Next Deep” or any one of the PADI specialties we offer.